Dan Sullivan, founder of the Strategic Coach has published an updated version of his classic, The “Scary Times” Success Manual: Transforming anxiety about the future into strategic growth, progress and achievement. These strategies seem like common sense but you rarely consider or contemplate them. And once you become conscious of them you know them to be the highest and best approach to dealing with uncertainty in the world.
There is so many distraction in the world you may be confused about what to focus on. And this list gives a solid foundation on which you can grow, slowly but surely, in the best of times or the worst of times. A great philosopher once said only human beings can know something to be rational and right choice to make and yet do the exactly opposite. As I have been saying it’s not about right or wrong; instead it’s about the highest and best approach.
Here’s a summary of the 10 strategies:
- Forget about yourself, focus on others.
- Forget about your commodity, focus on your relationships.
- Forget about the sale, focus on creating value.
- Forget about your losses, focus on your opportunities.
- Forget about your difficulties, focus on your progress.
- Forget about the “future”, focus on today.
- Forget about who you are, focus on who you can be.
- Forget about events, focus on your response.
- Forget about what’s missing, focus on what’s available.
- Forget about your complaints, focus on your gratitude.